Pages

Have you ever failed in a test!!!

Have you ever failed in a test!!!

I came across this question recently. I would have laughed off...mocked at the poor souls who had missed to get the proverbial 35 (in school) 40 (in engg) and 50(in MBA).
But just before I could laugh Adv. Supply Chain management comes straight into my face and puts an "F" grade next to my name.

Not the person to fret and lose sleep over this, unlike Mainaakda ;), I decided to take a flashback of my earlier attempts to reach the F grade.

In school....the closest I came was once getting 56/100, with passing marks as 35. I was kind of a padhaku back then...so, inspite of once studying Geometry for the Geography test, I managed to get 8/15 and passed the sad unit test.

Then came junior college...My first interaction with girls...(my dad took badla on me right when I was in school. he put me into an all-boys). So, in order to pataofy I got a whopping 75% + in my 1st term exam of Std XIth. I then realised that the people with 50-60s were considered cool dudes. Threw away the books...and did well to scale down to the mid-60s. But still...did not fail.

Engineering was fun. Semester -1. We were used to scoring 90s 95s in HSC. Thought, Engg. was also similar. The 1st paper was I guess Maths -I. In HSC , we used to start off...blindly scoring the 2s and the3s (marks) I mean..and within no time one wud have touched 50 marks. Lke a typical 20-20 batting wicket. Decided to use the same strategy for Engg. But engg. exams are like green ffast bowler wickets. You can never score an 80/100. One must be satisfied with a 60.
Struggled big time in Semester-1. I was sure of failing in 4 subjects. Finally the reuslts were out.
My marks in those 4 subjects I was fearing were...40,42,48 and 50. Close shave.

And then came NITIE. Suposedly the resort, where people come for a 2 year vacation with a 400% increase in salary. I swear I never even thought of giving a re-test here.
Inspite of having many failed candidates around me. There was Batty...who failed in a paper inspite of the professor spelling the entire paper in class before hand!! Can u beat that!
or there was Ramesh...who had the audacity to fail in an HR paper. We laughed and laughed...mocked and ridiculed them on evey single occasion.
Then came module-6 . The last module. The mere formality of a module. "Its only for placements". There was a prof...Prof. L. (I cant name him since the reuslts are still awaited). He was the most chilled out prof in NITIE. No attendance hassles... gives 90+ to all, and moreover takes 2 subjects! Everyone in class applied for his subjects. Nearly 130 students. He refused to teach such a huge batch. A filter system was applied. Only those people getting 76+ in Supply Chain management subject would be able to opt for Adv. Supply Chain Management.

I had 77 I guess. "Im so lucky"!!! Yahoo...Now one module of aaram. I attended 1 out of 14 classes...that too for a mid term...went into the test with oozing superconfidence...mocked the others (Shikhar will remember) for studying like a fattu and...
1 week back....
tring tring...tring tring...
Atul: hulllooooo
Mainaak: yar atlee ek bhaut buri khabar hai?
Atul: (yawning...he had called at 9 am !!)
Mainaak: I hope jo main bol raha hun wo jhooth nikle lekin...par...
Atul: arre bol na...
Mainaak: tu....
Atul: arre bolo bhai
Mainaak: tu ek aur baar check karle...
Atul: arre kyaaa!!
Mainaak: yaaar tu Adv. Supply Chain main fail ho gaya!!!

Moral of the story:
Life mein kuch cheezein first time hoti hai maamu

9 comments:

Ashley said...

dude.. it happens with one and all.. Sem 5, maths paper... all passed.. bt me and hemal desai.. still cant understand how i flunked... btw.. hw much did u get? never mentioned that?

KHUD KI TALASH said...

ha ha ha...saale kaha tha na padh le...aab pata chala....anyways a really gud post....reminded me of NITIE days...[:)]

Ritu said...

funny one! well written...hope ur cheating works this time! ;))

atul ... tune hamara naam B-school main bhi roshan kar diya. Logon ko sirf engineering tak KT milti hia lekin tune to kamaal kar diya ..

anyways it dont matter , marks dont count .... i realized it during my MS .. what matters in the end is whether you get your choice of career path , so i believe you are on a right track .. wish i could say the same for myself , lekin afsoos ....

and i am sure you will rock at your work , this result was probably a wake up call. Work hard - party harder

Batty said...

FYI.... Batty ka retest nahi hua...Batty shaan se prof ke pair pakadke nikal gaya....and I CANNOT believe you havent included our own NEMJI MARU and MANSI in this....

Hemanth said...

dudes..good post !!

I appreciate the curve which has been going downwards..

I am loving it today....who know whats instore for me tomorrow :D

Anonymous said...

Funny, the last conversation I could almost imagine mainaakda calling you up...
once I scored 12.5/25 in a chem paper in XII. There was a retest for ppl who had flunked and I asked my tchr if I could write it too since I had just scraped through.. I wrote the retest after intense ghotofying..I scored a 9!

killi said...

Nice one !!!

Specially the "tring tring" :-) :-)

And yes everytime i called u.. i used to laugh.. but mind u that was not for the result all the time :-)

Hope this is the last "buri khabar" for Class of 2008 as more results are awaited ..

hmm.. waise I flunked that first ever Math exam in Sem1 you have quoted :D

so I guess.. flunking doesn't get to me now. I remember Dangy trying to show off as usual by saying he would flunk Stats in Q1, and that he had never ever failed in his life.. I tried to rub it in by saying.. there is always a first time..
eventually it didn't turn out to be first time for him.. but a second time for me :D

 
 
 

Top Tracks

Recent Tracks